Expand student access to proven college preparation
Your support gives the gift of college to talented students of color
The National Scholars Program is a virtual after-school program that prepares African American and other high school students of color for college success in a supportive, “family” environment.
Our research-based curriculum is focused on the skills and habits of mind indicated by research to be critical for academic and career success, including:
- Communication and self-presentation
- Time management and goal-setting
- Critical thinking, self-confidence and perseverance
- Courageous leadership
- Global citizenship
- Carefully selected teachers
- Intentional and creative virtual community for teachers and Scholars
- 2-hour discussion-based after-school sessions held twice per week
- Opportunity for students to expand their horizons through friendships across schools and geographies (currently available in Central and Eastern time zones)
We are deeply experienced with remote learning.
- For 16 years, our former Associate Scholars Program guided more than 1,300 students in 34 states to college acceptance though direct mail.
- Our National Scholars Program successfully engaged students from 5 states during the first year.
- Our School-Based Scholars Program has achieved inspiring results since 2003:
- 100% of our graduating Scholars have earned acceptance to at least one college
- 90% have enrolled in college
Your support puts more students of color on the path to college. All gifts are doubled through a generous match from the Oprah Winfrey Charitable Foundation.